from top to bottom, left to right...
1) My new favorite color combo: black & blue. I fell in love with this street style snap of Emmanuelle Alt and then this shot of Ashley Olsen and decided it's the best way to wear denim, maybe ever. I don't want to be dramatic, though. Paired with a skinnny belt and my skinny bracelet that looks like Philip Crangi.
2) I stopped into Ike's Underground the other weekend and made off with quite a haul. Here I am modeling a shirt/vest thing that looks like it came from a wardrobe auction for the now defunct My Name is Earl. I picked up some better things, I swear, but when my friend saw this pop up in her Instagram feed she said it looked like I'd been kidnapped. I think it looks like I might be trying to sell myself on the internet from prison ("And this is my gas station attendant outfit.") It's like a real-life choose your own adventure novel!
3) My dizzesk got some new flowers again. These are Lisianthus. I LOVE them. I want to strew them about my bed and lay there writing poetry.
4) The statement nail is back, and it's ready for fall. This time around I chose to keep it traditional with a classic houndstooth. The big debate between me myself and I was whether or not this should become an all-fingers affair, but it was (rightly) decided that just the one nail is a fun touch and the whole shebang would be a touch tacky.
5) Rainy day boots!
6) Laura Marling's new cd is out! I won't make a judgment call yet, but the cover art is "pretty sweet, dude."