New York Fashion Week ends today, but don't feel left out, dear readers - yours truly took his day off to visit Lincoln Center and survey the throngs, a veritable Cirque du Prêt-à-Porter. It was kind of like a memo had gone out reading, "Let's take pictures of each other until we're famous!" But for some weird reason I wasn't invited to any of the shows? So I stood around in my vintage ladyjean bell bottoms (no one took my picture, FYI), snapping away at guys who inspired me. First, Karl of Guerreisms. I loved his look - he makes suiting so much fun! The details are just genius and also totes adorbs (green miniature flower pin #FTW)
Check out five more stylish dudes, after the jump!
1. Dapper's in the details. I wouldn't usually go for such an insouciantly boyish look, it's true - but the details here are my favorite touches: the shirt buttoned all the way up, the perfect break in the jeans, the monk strap brogues and the super slouchy manbag (is there anything even in that thing?)
2. Korean model Jin-Soo. He's a Korean model, so I was on that like...well, me on Korean models. I'm always obsessed with "model off duty" style, and Jin-Soo hits the right unkempt/rolled-out-of-bed/still-werqing-it balance. Plus, I am obSeSSed with the length of his jeans cuff right now. All of my jeans are too long for le mini-cuff...we always want what we can't have, no?
3. Guy in overalls. Honestly, from a distance, I thought this might be a joke. Up close, though, I was like, "Oh, so that's how to wear overalls above the Mason Dixon line." He paired them with his Will Leather Goods tote and rolled 'em up, with velvet slippers to ground the look. The undone button is a nice touch, too. Maybe, overall (pun!), it is still a bit much for me, but food for thought is always appreciated.
4. Kurt Cobain doppelgänger. I mean, seriously. I'll be real with y'all - I think this is my favorite look. I don't know, the strung out rocker thing is so hard for me to do (again, wanting what I can't have) and the way he projects such an image with so little...ugh, I could never! Just an oversized shirt and skinny jeans (with boss boots) and girlfriend sunglasses...on him, grunge chic. On me, lost tourist who somehow strayed into Lincoln Center on his way to Gap Kids (Outlet).
5. Prada/Marfa. I feel like he's channeling that art installation with this outfit - the shoes with the bolo tie. I love the tie so much. Wearing bolo ties without it seeming costumey (which he's doing here) is a big dream of mine, right after saving the whales and ending, like, problems and stuff.
Hope you liked some of these too, dear readers! Of course, you'll have to prove it to me by pinning the sh*t out of them and tumbling them into infamy. Also, if you aren't already following me on Instagram @thisfruitsnaps, you should be, because then you would have had XXclusive access to the #ULTRAFASHION livestream I was producing while this was going on. And also also, check out ma Flickr for some shots that didn't make it onto the blog!